Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Lovely Lady Lumps

This is volume one of my 'bump' photos, since there's been nothing really to see until the past few weeks. Here are a couple:

WEEK 14

I was still just looking a little fat here.

WEEK 19

Here you can see that I've started to really 'pop.'

Baby Wiss is growing steadily and she seems to really, really enjoy fruit. This was made evident to my crazy-woman drive to Whole Foods last night at 8:45, where I bought two huge bags of oranges and two containers of pre-cut fruit. Saturday nights don't get any crazier than this, but I digress. About ten days ago I started feeling her roll around on a regular basis, which makes eating even more fun! Last night as I settled into my fruit coma, she danced around from her sugar rush. I gave her the soundtrack by switching on Stevie Wonder. This girl already knows a good beat.

4 comments:

Fishouttawater said...

When I was pregnant last year, I was determined not to eat a bunch of crap. But I have a total sweet tooth. So I was nuts with the fruit, too! I started in the fall with Crispin apples. Like 4 huge ones per day. Sliced up in a bowl with a little lemon juice and touch of sugar and nutmeg. For breakfast. And snack. And dessert before bed. My husband still hates the smell of nutmeg because he was inundated at all hours with this.

Then when apple season ended, I began a November/December/January love affair with pomegranates. Seeds and everything. Bowls and bowls of pomegranate "arils." Four per day (2 at work and another bowl of 2 at bedtime). This was an $8/day habit! My doctor thought I was a freak but hey, antioxidants or something, right?

Then sometime after Xmas, pomegranates go out of season and I was left with . . . kumquats. This was a short-lived fancy, since the thought of them still makes my face sweat (mostly my upper lip, for some reason.)

We lived in upstate NY so after kumquats the fruit selection got slim and I switched to frozen fruit. Mostly peaches. I put a whole bag in a bowl and added a little peach butter and a touch of lemon juice. Heavenly, but not cheap, it turns out! Anyway, it's all better for the baby than ice cream, right?

GOOD LUCK!!!!!! :-)

Meg said...

Yay for baby bumps. I eat apples at all times of the day. I mean it, I will wake up at 3 am and sneak downstairs for a gala. Glad to hear things are going well!!

Missing you, Meg

Coleen said...

Look at you sexy mama!

Nick Wissler said...

Hello from sunny Haiti! I'm so glad I got to check out your growing lil lump. I also noticed that our living room is now a lovely shade of blue. Major improvement! Sorry I can't be there for all of this. Can't wait to come home to all my girls.