Wednesday, February 03, 2010

"Ohhhh...we're halfway there!!!"

I'm always looking for an excuse to quote the great Jon Bon Jovi. So I'm safely at 21 weeks and going strong. Here's what we know so far: Baby Wiss is a little girl who really loves strawberries and gets the wiggles when I play music on my belly. Whether this is because I'm blasting her out a little too much is TBA. Speaking of the belly, it seems to have doubled in size overnight, which I don't mind entirely because it's now very obvious I'm pregnant. I've actually found some self-esteem relief in growing forward now instead of sideways.

The other day was the first time a stranger (a male employee at Lowe's, interestingly enough) walked up and asked me when I am due. I told him I wasn't pregnant, which felt SO good because I was having a terrible day up to that point.

As for the rest of my life, Nick is still in Haiti helping with earthquake relief, but we're holding out hope he'll be home in time for all Super Bowl-related festivities about to go down in New Orleans. WHO DAT! This week Nick did make the Navy News and was on the homepage of navy.mil, which is a big deal in our book. Here's Nick "in action," surveying water depth to make way for an incoming ship:



I'm the proudest wife ever! Stay tuned for new belly pics Friday.

1 comment:

Coleen said...

Go Nick!