Friday, February 19, 2010

Lovely Lady Lump - 23 weeks edition

My lady lumps are over the hump of 20 weeks, and will be growing even bigger, faster (which is unbelievable to me). Here I am at just a few days past the 23-week mark.

The past few weeks have been a blur, but Baby Wiss has been growing steadily and moving increasingly. Nick returned from Haiti and was welcomed by kicks he could feel from the outside, which was very cool. In the midst of this excitement, the Saints won the Super Bowl, Neely came to New Orleans for her bachelorette party, and and the Big Easy survived another extremely rowdy Mardi Gras season. I feel like I just came down from an adrenaline high just in time to usher in my third trimester, which, according to literature and really nice friends who "just want to warn me," is more exhausting than the first. Great! I did find comfort in the Times-Picayune's "Rate Your Exhaustion" poll this week. I'm not alone!

Baby Wiss will have serious street cred for being at the Saints' victory parade. An estimated 800,000 fans descended upon New Orleans to be a part of the celebration. Here's Erin (visiting from VA), Nick and me on Bourbon St. right after the Super Bowl win.


Less than a week later, Neely and Co. invaded Nola to celebrate her last few months as a single lady over Mardi Gras weekend. I'm pleased to say they experienced more of the city than most do in multiple visits. They did Bourbon St., Uptown for the Bacchus parade, Frenchmen St. for some original jazz, tarot cards in Jackson Square, hurricanes at Pat O'Brien's and had adventures that can't be mentioned in between. Nicely done, ladies. We miss you already!


Needless to say, I'm catching up on rest and we have an awesome weekend of couch sitting ahead of us. The only interruption will be my first pre-natal yoga class, which will be a welcome change and will, as my doctor promises, provide some relief for this sciatic nerve issue that has entered my life in the past month. Has anyone else had experience with this? Any and all stretches or magic tonics for relief are welcome.

Namaste.

4 comments:

Coleen said...

You look fantastic! A yoga pose that helps the sciatic nerve pain... The pigeon!

Anonymous said...

had PT the last 3 months! Adjustments they give are must. Had it with both boys. Sorry Beccaboo. You can remind her later she was a pain in your ass once apon a time. Love and miss you bunches!

Real.Simple.Housewife said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Real.Simple.Housewife said...

We had the BEST time ever!! We're still talking bout it.. went to dinner for Mary's bday last nigth and someone said "I wish Becca and Nick were here!" Everybody loved you!! I also told Nikki that your being preggo didn't put a hiccup in our fun as we all thought would be inevitable- only you could still get down with the get down with a bun in the oven... LOVES it! Thanks again!! Also, you gotta go see a chiropractor for the sciatica! Did we talk about that while we were there?